Inviting Team Members
To add a new Org Member, click the + at the top of the sidebar and select Add New Member. There are several options for adding Org Members to Teams and Events with different Permission sets. Be sure to learn about different Permissions before inviting your Team.
You can see whether a Team Member has confirmed his or her account under the Invite Status column in Org Reports & Settings > Org Members. If you need to resend an invitation email to a Team Member, you can do that by scrolling to the right and selecting the actions menu, then clicking Resend invite.
Adding Team Members by importing a CSV
To add Team Members in bulk by importing a CSV, you'll first need to create and clean your CSV file using the following as columns:
- First Name (required)
- Last name (required)
- Email (required)
- Mobile Phone
- Office Phone
- T-shirt Size
You can click to download this Team Members Import Template spreadsheet, which has EventGeek member fields already set as column headers: Team Members Import Template.
Uploading your spreadsheet
To upload your spreadsheet:
- Click the + at the top of the sidebar and select Add New Member.
- In the lower left of the popup, click "Import CSV File" and select your file.
- Use the next screen to map the column headers from your file (on the left) to the correct EventGeek Member Fields (on the right). Then click Next.
- In the next step, choose a Role for the members you're importing. Be sure to learn about different Permissions before inviting your Team.
- Choose which Team(s) or Events you would like to add the members to, then click Next.
- The last page will ask you to confirm that you are ready to import the members. If you're ready, click Import.
When the import is complete, you will see a confirmation screen. If there were any errors with the import, you will have the option to download a csv file which will tell you what errors occurred.
A few notes:
- When you add a new Org Member, they'll receive a welcome email with a link to confirm their account and set a password.
- Confirming an account (i.e. setting a password and signing in) isn't required to start collaborating on EventGeek. For example, when you assign a Task, the assignee will begin receiving assignment notifications, even if they haven't confirmed their account.