Syncing Contacts between EventGeek and Salesforce can be set up quickly with simple field mapping and a few additional considerations.
Syncing as Leads vs Contacts
Contacts sync with Salesforce based on the "Salesforce Sync As" field on the Contact.
- If this field is set to Lead, they will sync to the Salesforce Lead object. If set to Contact, they will sync to the Salesforce Contact object
- Contacts in EventGeek belong to your Org and can be added to multiple Events and Meetings.
- If a Contact is added to an event and the event is connected to a Salesforce Campaign, then the Contact will appear in Salesforce as a Campaign Member. This is the key step to tracking event ROI in your CRM
- Contacts must have a Company to sync with Salesforce, whether they are tagged as a Lead or Customer
Contacts Sync can only run from EventGeek to Salesforce. If new Leads or Contacts are added to Salesforce, they will not automatically appear in EventGeek.
Additionally, if updates are made to Leads or Contacts in Salesforce, those updates will also not be reflected on the synced Contacts in EventGeek.
The Sync works in near real-time, so any updates made to Contacts should appear in Salesforce within a couple of minutes.
- Whenever an update is made in an Event, EventGeek immediately pushes the update to the Salesforce.
- EventGeek pulls updates from Salesforce Campaigns into connected Events hourly.