How Meetings Sync Works
Meetings Sync sends Meetings to Salesforce as Tasks and Meeting Notes as Task Comments.
When a Meeting is synced:
- A Task is created for each Contact on the Meeting with the "Lead" or "Customer" tag.
- The Task is related to the Lead or Contact.
- The Task is related to the Event-connected Campaign.... IF it's related to a Contact. Unfortunately, Salesforce does not allow Lead-related Tasks to be related to Campaigns.
- The Task Subject is "Meeting."
- The Task Owner is the Meeting Owner.
- The Task Status is "Not Started" and maps to Meeting Status, which is updated to "Completed" when Notes are received.
- The Task Description includes the event and Meeting dates, times, location and description.
The Sync works in near real-time, so any updates made to the Meeting should appear in Salesforce within a couple of minutes.
- Whenever an update is made in an Event, EventGeek immediately pushes the update to the Salesforce Campaign connected to the Event.
- EventGeek pulls updates from Salesforce Campaigns into connected Events hourly.
Meeting Sync Requirements
Meeting Sync requires that:
- The Meeting must have an Owner.
- The Owner's email address must be the same in EventGeek and Salesforce.
- The Meeting must have at least one synced Contact.
A few notes:
- The sync reruns with every update to the Meeting, including whenever users add new or update existing Meeting Notes.
- Meetings are not required to belong to a Campaign connected to an event, though it is recommended for proper event ROI attribution in your CRM.