This Quickstart Guide will walk you through using EventGeek as an Event Staff Member for the first time.
By following the steps outlined in this guide, you'll learn how to save yourself (and your Team) many hours of time while planning and attending events, as well as where to find your personal Schedule, Meetings and Travel.
This guide is designed for Event Staff, who have limited access to viewing and updating events.
Full vs. Limited Access
The information that you have access to viewing and editing in EventGeek will depend on your Access Level, assigned to you by your Event Manager.
As an Event Staff member, you will likely either have Full or Limited Access to each event you are added to. You can have different levels of access to different events. You can see which level of access you have for a specific event by going to the Staff tab within that event.
When you have Full Access, you can view and edit all aspects of an event.
When you have Limited Access, you can view but can only update your own Tasks, Schedules and Travel plans within events.
Navigating the Events Dashboard
After signing into EventGeek, you'll see the events that you're working on and have access to on the Events Dashboard by default. This is the best place to view all of your Event information in one place.
- Get back to this view at any time by clicking My Events, All Events or Upcoming Events in the lefthand sidebar.
- Add or remove filters and columns by using the Filters and Columns dropdown menus to create your own view of the info and status for each event.
- Use the icons along the upper right to can view events as a list, calendar or map.
- Click the actions menu in the upper right to download the current view as a spreadsheet or subscribe to your Team's events via calendar update.
Requesting an Event
If your Org Admin has created an Event Request Form within EventGeek, you should use this to request new Events you would like your company to attend. You can find the Event Request form in a few places:
- The blue "Request an event" button located at the top, left of your Events Dashboard.
- The blue "Request an event" button included at the top, left of a shared Event Calendar.
- Through a URL shared directly from your Org Admin.
Once you've submitted an Event Request, you will receive an email confirmation. Click Update Event Request at the bottom of the email to return to the Form and update the information you submitted at any time.
You will receive another email notification when your Event Request has been reviewed. If your Request is returned for more information by the reviewer, the email sent to you will include any notes the reviewer left for you, and it will also include a link for you to update your Request.
Using Meeting Scheduler
Meeting Scheduler Setup
To integrate Meeting Scheduler with your calendar, navigate to your Account Settings by clicking your avatar in the top, left-hand corner of the sidebar and selecting “Account Settings” from the dropdown menu.
- Navigate to the “Calendar Settings” tab and click the blue “Connect Calendar” button.
- Select Outlook, Google Calendar or another internet-enabled calendar application.
- From here, follow the prompts on screen to integrate with your calendar.
To book a new Meeting, navigate into an individual event and click the blue “Share availability” button.
- Start by selecting the Meeting Type from the dropdown at the top, left of the screen. Meeting Types are set at the Org level by your Org Admins.
- Next, you can choose to book a Meeting for any available Event Staff member or for a specific member of your Team.
- Once booked, the system will automatically generate and send email calendar invites for all Meeting attendees.
In addition to the Events Dashboard, the Event Managers at your company may have give you a standalone URL to a shared Event Calendar. Event Calendars show a different list of events than your Events Dashboard and may include events that you're not working on.
You can tell if you're on a Shared Event Calendar because the page will have a url like eventgeek.com/event_calendars/share/xyz, a title and a custom background, such as a branded solid color or image. Shared Event Calendars can also be embedded on your company's intranet, wiki or website.
The same options for views, filters and exports apply on Shared Event Calendars as on the Events Dashboard.
Event Briefs are a web page, Google Doc or PDF designed to present all the info that you need to represent your company at an event. They can contain event information including floor plans, Staff, Meetings, Schedules, travel information, Shipments, Tasks and more.
There are several ways to access an Event Brief:
- From the Events Dashboard, use the actions menu (three gray dots) at the far right of an event name.
- While within an individual event, use the actions menu at the top right.
- Click on an event name within an Event Calendar, if this has been enabled by the Event Manager.
- Find links to Briefs within the EventGeek iOS or Android mobile app.
Viewing "My Tasks"
To see all of your assigned Tasks in one place, click on the My Tasks tab at the top of the sidebar.
You'll automatically receive new assignment notifications and reminders over email once a Task has been assigned to you. To add a comment or ask a question regarding the Task, reply directly to the notification email or log into your EventGeek account.
The Team Inbox helps you capture emails, Notes, PDFs and Attachments from your activity that you can then organize into the appropriate event.
As an Event Staff member, you have access to whatever you personally send or upload to the Team Inbox. To send emails or Attachments to the Inbox, forward them to email@example.com from the email address associated with your EventGeek account.
Access the Team Inbox by clicking the inbox icon at the top of the sidebar. Once inside, there are several options for navigation and customization:
- Add Attachments to an event and, optionally, to a Task by using the dropdown menus in the Event and Task columns. To save your selection, click the Add button.
- Use the actions menu (three gray dots) to the right of an inbox item to view, download or delete it.
- Use the filters and columns dropdowns in the upper right to filter the inbox items and customize which columns are displayed in your view.